How do I apply for a grant?

If your property is eligible for a grant can you please contact the Gorebridge CARS Project Manager for further information, Rod Lugg, Project Manger, Gorebridge CARS c/o Gorebridge Community Development Trust, 58 Main Street, Gorebridge EH23 4BY, Tel: 01875 823202, Mobile: 07545 551356

To submit a valid grant application you will need to complete the application form together with the following information:

  • Completed grant application form
  • Copies of any statutory consents required i.e. planning permission, listed building consent and building warrant.
  • Copies of the specification and drawings showing the proposed work
  • Cost breakdown or cost plan
  • Three returned quotations (you will need to obtain at least three competitive quotes for the work)
  • Photographs showing the building.

If the work is extensive or specialist in any way it is recommended that you appoint an architect or building surveyor who has experience in historic building repair and restoration.

Supported By:

Gorebridge Community Development TrustHistoric ScotlandMidlothian Council